Click on the above link to view the article I wrote on the benefits of breastfeeding for the most recent edition of the Maternity Wellness newsletter.
Maternity Wellness is a clinic whose focus is on providing optimal care to women from preconception to birth and beyond offering a variety of services to expecting mothers and their families. In addition to Naturopathic Medicine we offer prenatal and infant massage therapy and acupuncture.
My passion for women's health, pregnancy and pediatric care meant that working at Maternity Wellness was a perfect fit for me. Here is a list of many of the common reasons patients come to see me:
- Preconception health - to ensure both parents are optimally healthy when planning their pregnancy
- Prenatal visits where I counsel moms to be on making appropriate diet and lifestyle choices during their pregnancy, including advice on what nutrients are important to supplement to optimize baby's development.
- Common concerns of pregnancy such as morning sickness, indigestion and heart burn, leg cramps, hormonal imbalances, infections, Group B strep prevention and treatment...etc.
- Labour Preparation - using traditional women's remedies we can help prepare your body for labour and help to decrease labour times, reduce risk of tearing...etc.
- Labour induction techniques which may include acupuncture and homeopathic remedies and suggestions for home care. Naturopathic medicine can also help to turn a breech or malpositioned baby before the due date
- Doula services
- Postpartum concerns such as postpartum depression and mood changes, healing, hormone imbalance, mastitis...etc.
- Breastfeeding support & milk supply issues
- Infant and pediatric care including Well-Child and Sick Child visits
The clinic is conveniently located at the intersection of Main Street and 16th Avenue in Markham. Click here for contact and booking info.
Doctor Jackie's Blog
A place for me to share my own experiences as an ND & Mom, things I find interesting in the world of wellness & medicine, share recipes, health tips and home/DIY self care ideas. Between 2012 & 2016 I got married, moved twice and had two kids! But I'm back and have SO much to share with you now. Becoming a mom has completely changed my world and my practice. Stay tuned for lots more from me :)