This morning I felt inspired to do some baking to restock the freezer with my favourite muffins. I have managed to tweak the following recipe to be gluten and dairy free, yet still delicious! I have made them enough times now that I am sure anyone would love them so I had to share the recipe, let me know what you think!
Gluten Free-Banana-Oatmeal-Walnut-Chocolate Muffins
Makes 12 regular sized muffins
For each egg to be replaced use one tbsp ground flax mixed with 3 tbsp water
1. Combine all the dry ingredients together
2. Mash banana and then mix in eggs, oil and honey
3. Mix dry and wet together till just combined – do not over stir.
4. Add nuts (and chocolate chips if using)
5. Spoon the mixture into a greased 12-cup muffin tray.
6. Bake at 180ºC (350ºF) for 20 minutes or until golden brown and cooked.
Doctor Jackie's Blog
A place for me to share my own experiences as an ND & Mom, things I find interesting in the world of wellness & medicine, share recipes, health tips and home/DIY self care ideas. Between 2012 & 2016 I got married, moved twice and had two kids! But I'm back and have SO much to share with you now. Becoming a mom has completely changed my world and my practice. Stay tuned for lots more from me :)